We would like to invite you to support children and young people in Edinburgh to recover from the trauma of domestic abuse by taking part in this year’s Virtual Kiltwalk for Edinburgh Women’s Aid!
We’re looking for 100 people who will take part in this year’s virtual event and in the process help us raise funds that will make a life-saving and life-changing difference to children and young people.
If you’d like to take part, all you have to do is:
• choose a challenge (you can take on anything – walking, cycling, running – someone even took on a sponsored silence last year).
• Invite a friend, family member or colleague to take part with you (optional but it makes it more fun!)
• Contact us to get your discount code/s for free registration.
• set up your Kiltwalk fundraising page/s (we can help).
• let friends and family know what you are doing and post on your social media inviting people to support you.
• Wear a bit of tartan and carry out your challenge anytime during the weekend of 23rd – 25th April.
Why take part?
• All funds raised will be matched with an additional 50% by the Hunter Foundation. So if you raise £100, then EWA will receive £150!
• Funds raised will go towards supporting our work with children and young people (including 16-25 year olds via our webchat and student/young women’s engagement work)
• It’s an excuse and an incentive to get outdoors, get in training if you feel like it and take some exercise now Spring is here!
• You get to choose exactly what you want to do and how easy or tough you make your challenge – and you can do it alone or with family, a friend or even the dog.
To find out more contact Kate on firstname.lastname@example.org – she would be delighted to chat.