300-075 Practice 300-070 dumps 210-060 dumps questions 100-105 test 200-125 examcollection 300-115 pdf CISSP Lab material

If our lines are closed or busy call the 24-hour National Helpline on FREEPHONE 0800 027 1234

What are my options

Please don’t suffer in silence. You can:

Reporting the abuser to the police

To report your partner or ex-partner for a domestic abuse incident in an emergency, call 999. The police should make your case a priority. Otherwise, phone your local police on 101 to report non emergencies.

When the police attend they will:

• Check to see if you’re injured or need treatment.

• Try to gather evidence. In Scotland it must be from two sources – usually your statement plus witness information from anyone who saw or heard the incident, such as a neighbour. If you do have any injuries, they may take photos.

• Separately interview you and your partner (if they’re at the scene). If an older child was there at the time, the police might want to speak to them.

• Look for any other evidence of damage, such as broken door locks, punched walls or doors.

• Take a note of any children who are present or will be present in the future. If there are children, the police will refer the incident to Social Care Direct so that you they can work with you to protect your children.


What happens to the abuser?

If the police have enough evidence that your partner has committed a crime, they may arrest him and keep him in custody until he appears in court – usually the next working day.  Alternatively they may charge him with the crime and give him an undertaking to attend at court on a specific date within the next few weeks.  The police will also put police bail in place where the accused will not be allowed to contact or approach you.


Help and support

To get help, contact EDDACS on 0131 315 8122 who will give you all the information you need about the court process and support and guide you through it.


Taking legal action:

Contact a Family lawyer who will be able to provide you with information with regard to the legal options that are available to you.  This can be with regard to protection orders, divorce and child contact.  An Edinburgh Women’s Aid worker can support you to do this.


- 1 day ago

You are not alone. Our webchat support service is online until 10pm this evening. If you are ready to discuss ‘red flags’ and personal safety, head to our website: https://t.co/l4FOIcWm6x https://t.co/lrdT4vZKmt
h J R

- 1 day ago

JOB VACANCY! Senior EDDACS Advocacy Worker, 30hrs p/wk, £22689.68 actual salary, (£26471.29 pro rata salary). Fixed term: 2 yrs. Closing date: 9am Thu 21 Oct. For more information and details of how to apply please visit our website - https://t.co/amNW9mXFd4 https://t.co/eCeBy01g5g
h J R

- 7 days ago

EWA is Recruiting for Volunteer Board Members (Trustees). Find the application pack on our website https://t.co/3H9keMSasQ Closing date: 9am 12 Nov. Interviews: Evening of Wed 24 Nov. Successful candidates will be elected to the board at our AGM on the evening of 6 Dec 2021 https://t.co/lBlN9bJq4V
h J R

- 8 days ago

@scotwomensaid: An important message from @PoliceScotland for the #DontBeThatGuy campaign. The responsibility and the focus should always remain with perpetrators of gender-based violence. Our helpline is open should anyone affected by DA want support 24/7 - details below: https://t.co/HHeDG3LEUi
h J R